Saturday, November 14, 2009

Here comes the Sun -- Do en do do

If you see me smiling on a sunny day, it's partly because I'm saving money.  Last month you may have seen the "Keystone Energy" van parked in my driveway.  Lea Ann and I decided to invest in Solar Energy, and had 16 panels installed on the rear roof of our house. They are generating electricity from sun up to sundown.  In direct sunlight, our system is capable of producing over 4000 watts of electricity.  That's enough to power a hair dryer, a microwave and 15 - 100 watt light bulbs.  When we don't use all the electricity we make, our meter spins backwards.  (I've seen it)

The system was not inexpensive, but with State and Federal incentives, it's downright practical.  We hope to have the system pay for itself in about 8 years.  With PPL increasing rates in January, our savings will increase too.  And the Sun never increases it rates!

Have any questions about it, just ask me  I'm beaming!

1 comment:

comments?